Wednesday, 20 April 2016

Boko Haram raids Yobe state on horseback

Boko Haram raids Yobe state
on horseback


– The Boko Haram militants in a fresh
attack raided the Yobe state
– The source reveals that at least 30 people
was killed in two attacks, while many were
injured
The deadly Boko Haram sect has reportedly
attacked Zango village, Gulani local
government area in the Yobe state on April
19, Tuesday.
Vigilante members and residents said that
the insurgents on horseback shot dead 11
people.
Daily Trust reports that the incident occurred
around 11:00 pm when the Boko Haram
members set ablaze houses and shot
randomly at people trying to run away the
burning flames
A one of the vigilantes, who pledged to be
anonymous said: “ The gunmen came midnight
after 11:45pm, set ablaze our houses and
opened fire on the people trying to escape.
They chased people on horses and open fire
on them.”
According to the source, similar attacks
happened in the neighbouring villages where
over 20 people were murdered.
“Last two weeks, the militants sacked cluster
of villages around those areas, including
Gurum and Dokshi where over two people
were killed and many injured. They are
currently receiving treatment at Damaturu
specialist hospital, ” he said.
Dr. Garba Fika, the medical director from the
hospital, confirmed that the attacked victims
were brought to the hospital: “And, they are
responding to free treatment.”
Yobe government in cooperation with the
Nigerian military reopened the 132km
Damaturu-Biu federal road last week, which
was blocked three years ago by Boko Haram
militants.
Recently the Armed Forces of Nigeria in a
determination to efficiently bring to an end
the war against insurgency in the North
East, successfully attacked suspected Boko
Haram logistics base at Allagarno, Yobe
state.