Tuesday, 7 June 2016

SPORTS:---Mascherano will not force Barca exit

Mascherano will not force Barca exit


Barcelona have told Javier Mascherano they do not want
him to leave amid reports in Spain and Italy that
Juventus are attempting to lure him to Turin.
The defensive midfielder, who is 32 on Wednesday, is
under contract until June 2018 and has a €100 million
release clause.
Mascherino said to Ole newspaper: "Barca have let me
know that they have no intention of me leaving. They
are very happy with me.
"When the club, and even more so this club, tells you
this, it is very difficult to leave. I am not going to
force anything. Nobody involved deserves that.
"There is always the possibility of leaving, but also of
staying. I have a contract with Barcelona. They have
treated me very well, I have no complaints," said the
Argentine who is with his national squad in the United
States for the Copa America.
Mascherano started 44 games for Barca last season,
helping them win the league and cup double, and has
been a regular since signing from Liverpool in 2010.
Barcelona sporting director Roberto Fernandez last week
described Mascherano as a "vital player" who he was sure
would stay at the club who have announced the
departures of defenders Dani Alves and Marc Bartra.
"I will do nothing to muddy my relationship with
Barcelona," Mascherano said.
"They have always been very good and the day I leave
the club, I do not want to go with a bad taste in the
mouth."