Thursday 5 May 2016

Pastor, others nabbed for involvement in ATM fraud

Pastor, others nabbed for
involvement in ATM fraud

– Pastor expressed shock after being
nabbed alongside the burglars
– Police reveal their mode operation and
how they caught him
– Top officer adds that suspects would be
charged to court after investigations have
been concluded
One Pastor Osazee Igbinigie has been
arrested alongside two other notorious
robbers for their roles in burglary and
molestation.
According to the Edo state police command,
Igbinigie is an assistant pastor in one of the
new generation churches and was arrested
alongside one 28 -year-old Samson
Ogbesosa, an indigene of Edo state who
robbed a girl of her handset and was
arrested after sleeping with her.
The pastor, a graduate of Abjuratory
Technology at the University of Benin,
explained thus: “On Thursday last week, I
went to the bank because my brother told me
he sent me N5,000. So,



when I slot my card
into the machine, the ATM told me that my
card had expired.
Pastor (left) other burglars.

“So, I went into the bank premises to
complain, then they told me that they had the
report that my account was used to perpetrate
fraud, that I should wait. I sat down waiting
before I saw the policemen who came to
arrest me and took me to Evbotubu Police
station.
“I was shocked because that account was
opened since 2004 when I was teaching in a
private school. I feel embarrassed now
because I don’t know who did that to me.
They said a prominent woman of God used it
and I have never received any fraudulent
money from it.
“I work with my brother at Ekenwa road. I
know that sometimes, people call me to send
money into my account for one issue or the
other, that is why I am just confused now but
I leave everything to God.”
The police image maker in the state, DSP
Abiodun Osifo Stanley, while parading the
suspects on behalf of the state
commissioner of police, Chris Ezike, stated
that they would be charged to court on
conclusion of investigations.
“One Osaze Igbinigie was arrested in a
popular bank in Benin in an attempt to
withdraw money with his ATM. Unknown to
him, the police has put a red alert on that
account because the account was opened with
the intention to defraud unsuspecting victims
and that is his stock in trade and he has done
this over a year now.
“We monitored him and he was arrested
eventually. He confessed to the crime, that he
was lured into it by a friend who is now
abroad.” he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment