Monday 2 May 2016

Arsenal needs to do much better

Arsenal must do much better



– Arsenal defeated Norwich with 1-0 score
– Giroud has not scored for 15 games
– The striker speaks about Arsenal’s match
Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud states that
Arsenal must play much better after the EPL
clash against Norwich City.
Danny Welbeck came off the bench to
score a very important goal to move the
Gunners back to third, however undeserved
as Norwich should have at least got at a
draw for a truly accomplished performance –
one would not have guessed they are a team
fighting for their EPL survival.
Welbeck justified his manager’s decision by
scoring just after three minutes of coming
on with a neat half-volley from 12 yards.
And the French forward said: “We are very
pleased with the three points because it was
not a fantastic game from the team. The thing
is, we never give up and we trust in our game
until the end.We could have scored more, and
we played a team who are fighting to not go
down. We knew it was going to be a tough
game and we expected that. We are very
pleased to win this game because it was not
easy but we have to do much better.”



The striker, who is without a goal in 15 EPL
games for the club, stresses he is eager to
supply chances to his team-mates if not
finding the back of the net himself: “It is
always nice for a striker to score or assist a
team-mate. I’m pleased to be back, not on the
scoresheet but on the assist sheet. I’m used
to playing for my team-mates and I try to help
them when I can. If I cannot finish the work, I
try to play for them. This one reminded me of
another goal, it was like Theo (Walcott)’s
against Leicester.”
“I try to play with my first instinct and be
efficient, but even if I didn’t score I’m pleased
with that assist and I will try to keep working.
I will work hard to get the confidence back
and the goals as well,” Giroud added.

No comments:

Post a Comment