Friday 6 May 2016

VERRATTI: I COULD SPEND THE REST OF MY CAREER AT PSG

VERRATTI: I COULD SPEND THE
REST OF MY CAREER AT PSG


By Dom Farrell
The Italy international signed a new deal at
the Parc des Princes until 2020 earlier this
season and would be happy to stay even
longer, saying he has no reason to want to
leave
Marco Verratti has suggested he could spend
the rest of his career with Ligue 1 champions
Paris Saint-Germain .
The 23-year-old Italy international midfielder
moved to the French capital from Pescara in
2012 and won his fourth consecutive top-
flight title this season.
Despite the one-sided nature of PSG's
dominance on the domestic stage, there is no
sense of Verratti - who penned a contract
extension until June 2020 in February -
wanting a new challenge.
"If I feel like I do now, I don't want to change
teams because I don't know how I'll find it
elsewhere," he told RMC Sport . "Of course,
there are other very strong teams, but PSG
can become that way too.
"I'm already playing for a great team in a
great city, so I don't see why I should leave.
It's possible that I'll stay here for my whole
career.
READ MORE | Verratti wants Ibra
to stay at PSG
"When I first came here I didn't get on too
well for the first months, I found the city very
big. People are very, very cold compared to
Italians.
"But now I think maybe I'll live here when I
finish my career. My son was born here, I feel
good in Paris."
Another familiar theme of recent seasons has
been the manner of PSG's Champions
League exits, with last month's loss to
Manchester City their fourth consecutive
defeat at the quarter-final stage.
But Verratti insists he is determined to help
PSG get their hands on the trophy in the
future.
"I hope to win the Champions League with
PSG one day," Verratti added. "That's my
objective because we've already won
everything in France.
"It's very important to go further in the
Champions League. That's what we have to
do more in the coming years."

No comments:

Post a Comment